- ▼ 2012 (22)
- ► 2011 (25)
Posted by Elizabeth H. Eastman at 12:57 PM
Weblist -- 2012 Summer Learning Interactives
Bright Ideas for Summer - ReadWriteThink
ROE Summer Reading Information
- HISD Millionaire Club Readers: Read & log 10 books & earn a special bookmark of your choice in September at the ROE Library.
- Houston Public Library: Read 10 Books—get 1 free book! Read 20 Books—get 1 free book & voucher for a free ticket to a Houston Astros game & a coupon for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.
- Barnes & Noble: Read 8 Books & get 1 free. Record books in downloadable journal.
- H.E.B: Read 10 Books and mail in for a T-Shirt.
- Half Price Books: Read 600 minutes and earn a $5 Back-to-School Bucks reward.
Posted by Elizabeth H. Eastman at 3:35 AM
The next phase involves setting up and administering a school domain. Within that protected and private framework, we can offer instruction, training and guidance on ways to integrate GoogleApps for Education to support and drive learning.
Here's just one excellent example among many of the power of moving in this cloud-based direction--Writing & Collaborative Revision. View clip to see the Growth of a Google Doc In the Eyes of an Elementary Student. Drafts can be shared for both teacher and peer comments and suggestions. It is possible to embed feedback immediately at any point within students' work which is specific, interactive, and powerful! Teachers can gain assessment insights. As writers, students have a real sense of audience and community, and are motivated to read both their own and one another's work with a critical eye. Authentic experiences with digital citizenship and crafting 'academic' comments vs. social comments are also a benefit.
- Guide to Going Google
- Becoming a Google Apps Ninja
- GoogleDocs for Learning (Cool Tools for 21st Century Learners)
- Google Drive & Documents for Teachers: What Teachers Need to Know to Get Started (E-Book by R. Byrne)
- Google Launches 'Search Education'
Posted by Elizabeth H. Eastman at 4:50 AM
- [Kindergarten: Morning Message, Visual Texts, Blogging, & VoiceThread] Interacting with Your Interactive WhiteBoard via
- [TIP: To show a feed from any Twitter hashtag, type in your browser http://tweetchat.com/room/ and then the hashtag.
New Paradigm for Professional Development via @markbrumley
Posted by Elizabeth H. Eastman at 4:40 AM
Posted below are a few recent projects by 5th grade students using VoiceThread.
VoiceThread allows the creation and sharing of interactive multimedia albums or slideshows. By uploading images, documents, or videos, creators or viewers can comment on any slide by typing, recording an audio or video comment, or drawing on the image itself.
Students have recorded presentation narration and reflective comments about their work. They give and receive voice and text feedback from not only their peers, but also the wider ROE school community. This helps to develop greater awareness of audience for their learning products as it expands into engaging online discussion and extends outside classroom walls.
More Classroom Possibilities from VoiceThread Digital Library EDU
Posted by Elizabeth H. Eastman at 5:11 AM